Use this page to write out dollars and cents on a check in six easy steps.
Written check example
The image below shows the correct way to write out the dollar and cents amounts using the alphabet.
Write a check
- Write the date in the upper-right corner.
- This could be today’s date or a future date if delaying a deposit. A check cannot be deposited before the listed date.
- In the Pay to the order of line, enter the name of the recipient.
- This can be an individual or company.
- In the Dollars line, write out the amount of the check.
- For example, Eighty seven dollars and fifty seven cents See the image for example.
- In the $ box, write the monetary/numerical amount.
- For example, 87.57.
- In the FOR line, add a note or memo.
- This is an optional field. You can also put an account number here if paying a bill.
- In the line on the bottom-right corner, sign your first and last name.
- A check cannot be cashed by the recipient if it is not signed.
Visit Amazon to order personalized checks today!