Use this page to learn how to write and save Google Docs as a Microsoft Word file. Not everyone has access to Microsoft Word, but there are times you’ll need to write in that format. Luckily, Google Docs makes it simple to save a Microsoft Word version of your work to share.
- In Google Docs, create a new document or open an existing document.
- Write the new doc as you would any other normal Google document. You can also edit your existing doc before converting to a PDF.
- Click File from the top menu.
- Click Download As, then select the option for Microsoft Word (.docx).
- The Google Doc will automatically download as a Microsoft Word file. Depending on your browser, the location it downloads to may be different.