Learn how to write or post a Tweet on Twitter. Tweets are short posts (140 characters or less) so you’ll need to be creative and selective when choosing what to write. In addition to steps, we’ve got some tips below!
Write a tweet
- Sign in to your Twitter account from Twitter.com or from the app on your device.
- Enter the text for your Tweet into the box at the top of your Home timeline or click the Tweet button in the top.
- Use less than 140 characters as this is the limit when tweeting. Twitter will count the characters for you and provide a ‘counter’ so you can see how much you have left.
- Click the Tweet button to post the Tweet to your profile. The Tweet then appears on your homepage.
Character limit tips
Tips to reduce character count:
- Reduce or remove generic terms.
- Use symbols in place of text.
- For example, use & instead of and or w/ instead of with or use a slash / instead of or.